Disney Resorts Podcast

All things you need to know about the Disney Resorts Podcast.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Episode 4 show notes....

Disney News….

Gary Wilson, Walt Disney Co.'s longest-serving director and one of its most influential, is leaving the board as part of an effort to bring fresh blood to it, the company disclosed Friday. The board Thursday accepted Wilson's resignation, effective Monday, Disney said in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Disney's former chief financial officer, Wilson now serves as chairman of Northwest Airlines Corp. He was on Disney's board 21 years.
This is more a rumor then news. But a rumor is going around saying that the dreamfinder is COMING BACK. So everyone cross your fingers.

Another rumor is that a monsters Inc ride will be going in the place of timekeeper… I wish I would have known what the timekeeper was like cause I never got to experience it so if you have maybe a video of it please send it to me at Disneyresorts@hotmail.com

Welcome to the 2nd episode of shades' corner! today's is kinda short because i had to write it on short notice -
Today I just have a few facts and rumors. There are 2 of each color of monorails and 12 of each color. - that means in WDW there
are 24 monorails. I am holding a contest on the shades corner thread on disney resorts forums .com , and winner gets prizes
that inclued exclusive avatars , a video of wishes ( on the computer ) and much more. I will be going to WDW in october so i can get you more info
- I have also heard Nathan rose ( from the mousetunes podcast ) has had surgery - get well soon!!!
i'm sorry - but thats about it for today - i didn't have much to put in today nor notice that
the podcast today - so i did best i could. thank you for listining - and yes - i know - this one
was totally lame - but we'll just have to live with it!! Email me at shadescornerdropbox@yahoo.com

All about my top ten favorite songs on Disney attractions.
10.Its a small world. The only reason I like this song is becuz its really annoying.
9.Great big beautiful tomorrow. Once again very annoying but with a good messege.
8.One little spark. Theres just to many loveable annoying songs at Disney world.
7.Blood on the saddle. You just cant help but laugh at big al while he sings this song.
6.Cosmic Rays Starlight café. If you don’t know what im talking about. Next time you go to Walt Disney World go to Cosmic Rays starlight café. Sonny Eclipse will sing a bunch of songs. There is on song called Cosmic Rays starlight café… For those of you with the walt Disney world soundtrack and have Bright little star on the cd. Im pretty sure its either the song he sings before bright little star or 2 songs before bright little star. Either way this is my number 6.
5. Golden Dreams. I am a strong American so that’s why that’s on my list.
4. Listen to the Land. Last time I checked they don’t play this song anymore. But I like it so its on my list.
3. Zip a dee doo dah. This song is just a classic Disney song and for some reason I like it.
2. Bear Band Serenade. I love the Country Bears so that’s why its on my list.
And NUMBER 1 on my TOP 10 songs at Walt Disney World. Bright little star at cosmic rays starlight café. This is a very relaxing and laid back song. AND I LIKE IT. And want I like goes becuz that was this is my TOP TEN LIST.

Attraction of the week.

Pirates of the Caribbean has entertained millions of Walt Disney World guests on a thrilling adventure through dark, mysterious caverns where ?dead men tell no tales? since it opened at Magic Kingdom on Dec. 15, 1973.

Starring a comical cast of rascals, scoundrels, villains and knaves, the eight-and-a-half minute Adventureland attraction sends guests of all ages on a rollicking boat ride to a Caribbean seaport under siege by a swashbuckling band of pirates.

History -

Pirates of the Caribbean first opened at Disneyland in 1967 and continues to delight guests today. According to Disney archivist Dave Smith, many guests still consider it their favorite theme park attraction.

The Disneyland attraction originally was conceived by Walt Disney as a walk-through exhibit until the 1964 World?s Fair presentations created by WED Enterprises (now Walt Disney Imagineering) paved the way for a more sophisticated kind of three-dimensional storytelling known as Audio-Animatronics?.

Veteran Disney animator and Imagineer Marc Davis created hundreds of humorous pirate drawings during the attraction?s development in the early 1960s, sketches that Disney sculptor Blaine Gibson helped bring to life as Audio-Animatronics figures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home